Continued Uncertainty Causes Mortgage Rates to Hold
News Release by Freddie Mac | February 23, 2017
MCLEAN, VA–(Marketwired – Feb 23, 2017) – Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing average 30-year mortgage rates changing by two basis points or less for the fourth consecutive week.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.16 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending Feb. 23, 2017, up from last week when it averaged 4.15 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.62 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.37 percent with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.35 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.93 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.16 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.18 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.79 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following link for the Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.
Quote Attributed to Sean Becketti, chief economist, Freddie Mac.
“In a short week following Presidents Day, the 10-year Treasury yield fell about 8 basis points. However, the 30-year mortgage rate rose 1 basis point to 4.16 percent. This week’s survey once again displays the disconnect between mortgage rates and Treasury yields, a result of continued uncertainty.”
### Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Since our creation by Congress in 1970, we’ve made housing more accessible and affordable for homebuyers and renters in communities nationwide. We are building a better housing finance system for homebuyers, renters, lenders and taxpayers. Learn more at FreddieMac.com, Twitter @FreddieMac and Freddie Mac’s blog FreddieMac.com/blog. ###
Source: Freddie Mac 022317
KENNETH BARGERS REALTOR® License 318311 | Pilkerton Realtors License 257352
(615) 512-9836 cellular • (615) 915-5901 facsimile • email@example.com email
bargers-solutions.com web • kennethbargers.com blog • Search Properties
(615) 371-2474 office • (615) 371-2475 facsimile • 2 Cadillac Drive, Brentwood TN 37027 address