The Silent Killer During the cold months in Tennessee it is important for all of us to evaluate the concerns of Carbon Monoxide poisoning and the steps we all can take in reducing the risks of the Silent Killer.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.
Source: Carbon Monoxide, The Silent Killer, Bargers Solutions monthly newsletter; Blog distribution provided by Kenneth Bargers and Bargers Solutions, a proud member of Pilkerton Realtors, residential real estate services located in Nashville, Tennessee