Greater Nashville Home Sales Increase at Mid-Year
GREATER NASHVILLE HOME SALES INCREASE AT MID-YEAR
Press Release: Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS®; 070312
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 3, 2012) – There were 2,453 homes sold in the month of June, according to figures provided by the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS®. That figure is up 20.8 percent compared to the 2,031 closings reported for June 2011.
Second-quarter numbers are up, with 7,139 closings reported, a 24.7 percent increase from the 5,723 closings reported through the second quarter of 2011. Year-to-date closings for the Greater Nashville area are up 24.5 percent with 11,994 compared to the 9,631 closings reported through mid-year 2011.
“Home sales news in Greater Nashville is strong evidence that ‘all real estate is local,’” said GNAR President Kendra Cooke. “While recent national reports may not have been encouraging, home sales activity here remains very brisk. And, that activity is proving to be sustainable, as the June, second-quarter and year-to-date figures are all up more than 20 percent compared to the same periods last year. With median prices up and more than 2,500 sales pending, it is clear that the market in this region is improving and growing.”
The current home sales data was provided on the same day as the first Regional Housing Summit held at GNAR with area housing professionals and non-profit organizations providing insights and dialogue on how local resources can help those in this region explore the possibility of owning a home. Cooke noted that current and future homebuyers can learn more about the process of purchasing a home by attending the upcoming Mayor’s Home Ownership Fair sponsored by Nashville Mayor Karl Dean, set for Sunday, July 15 from 1-5 p.m. at Bridgestone Arena.
The median residential price for a single-family home during June was $182,000, and for a condominium it was $160,000. Last year’s median residential and condominium prices for June were $176,300 and $150,000, respectively.
There were 2,585 sales pending at the end of June, compared with 2,130 pending sales at this time last year. The average number of days on the market for a single-family home was 84 days.
Inventory at the end of June was 19,136, down from 22,043 in June 2011.
“Inventory is continuing to decrease, which is the case in all categories this month,” added Cooke. “There is now less than an eight-month supply currently available in Greater Nashville and less than a six-month supply for single-family residential. Homes that are truly market-ready are moving well, but buyers are not interested in those properties that have not been properly prepared both inside and outside and priced properly.”
The Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS® is one of Middle Tennessee’s largest professional trade associations and serves as the primary voice for Nashville-area property owners. REALTOR® is a registered trademark that may be used only by real estate professionals who are members of the National Association of Realtors and subscribe to its strict code of ethics.
July 6, 2012 - Posted by kbargers | economy, real estate | bargers solutions, blog, current housing conditions, current market conditions, GNAR, greater nashville association of realtors, home buying, home selling, housing inventory, june 2012, kenneth bargers, middle tennessee, Nashville, pilkerton realtors, second quarter, tennessee
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Blogs I Follow
- Mortgage Rates Inch Up for Second Week May 18, 2013
- Builders More Upbeat About New-Home Sales May 18, 2013
- LOL Friday! The Bathtub Test… May 17, 2013
- Greater Nashville Area’s April Home Sales Increase by 27 Percent May 11, 2013
- LOL Friday! Baseball in Heaven… May 10, 2013
- 15-Year Rates Sink to New Low of 2.65% May 3, 2013
- Nashville among 8 Best Markets for Flipping Houses May 3, 2013
- LOL Friday! Farmer Joe and his Mule… May 3, 2013
- May 2013 In The News Features Gutter Maintenance; Music City Center Quick Facts May 2, 2013
- Pending Home Sales Index Up 7% Over 2012 April 29, 2013
- Enjoy your week… wishing you success in your Risk Versus Reward endeavors April 29, 2013
- RIP George Jones; an American Legend April 26, 2013
- LOL Friday! another lawyer joke… April 26, 2013
- March Existing-Home Sales Slip Due to Limited Inventory, Prices Maintain Uptrend April 24, 2013
- FHFA: Housing Market Showing Promising Signs April 22, 2013
- For Third Week, Mortgage Rates Sink Lower April 20, 2013
- LOL Friday! Walks into a bar… April 19, 2013
- Gun Bill Background Check Amendment Fails; TN Senators Alexander and Corker Vote No… April 17, 2013
- Housing Starts Rise on Strength in Multifamily in March April 17, 2013
- Read the latest articles for home ownership provided by HouseLogic… April 17, 2013
- Sharing a Story of a Gay American Family! April 12, 2013
- LOL Friday! Nursing Home Chit Chat… April 12, 2013
- Survey: Lenders More Upbeat About Housing Recovery April 11, 2013
- Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey April 11, 2013
- Greater Nashville Home Sales Remain Strong for March and First Quarter 2013 April 9, 2013
- Senators Threaten Filibuster on Gun Control Legislation; Americans Deserve a Vote! April 9, 2013
- Mortgage Rates Back Down This Week April 5, 2013
- LOL Friday! Another Little Johnny Joke… April 5, 2013
- In The News Features Outdoor Dining Areas in April 2013 Newsletter April 2, 2013
- LOL Friday! Flying the friendly skies… March 29, 2013
- 31,964 hits