Greater Nashville Home Sales Continue to Increase…
GREATER NASHVILLE HOME SALES CONTINUE TO INCREASE
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 9, 2012), GNAR – There were 2,186 home closings reported for the month of April, according to figures provided by the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS®. This represents an increase of 25 percent from the 1,747 closings reported for April 2011.
Year-to-date closings are also up compared to 2011 with 7,041. That is a 24.5 percent increase compared to the 5,655 closings reported through April 2011.
“Total sales are the best we’ve seen since June 2010, which was the initial deadline for the First Time Buyer Tax Credit,” said GNAR President Kendra Cooke. “While some of the increase can be attributed to normal seasonal trends, the high number of closings is a clear indication that the real estate market in this region is showing significant improvement. The continuation of historically low interest rates, increasing economic confidence and increasing rental rates are all factors having a positive impact on real estate sales.”
There were 2,436 sales pending at the end of the month, compared to the 1,909 pending sales at this time last year. The average number of days on the market for a single-family home was 88 days.
The median residential price for a single-family home during April was $165,120 and for a condominium it was $141,190. This compares with last year’s median residential and condominium prices of $159,070 and $148,000, respectively.
Inventory at the end of April was 19,622, down from 22,297 in 2011.
“Inventory is down, but with overall inventory at a 9-month supply and residential inventory at a very balanced 6.5-month supply. Right now, sellers will want to be sure their homes are well-prepared for showing. While market activity is increasing, buyers are very focused on properties they visit being clean and fixed-up if they are going to seriously consider making a purchase.” added Cooke.
The Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS® is one of Middle Tennessee’s largest professional trade associations and serves as the primary voice for Nashville-area property owners. REALTOR® is a registered trademark that may be used only by real estate professionals who are members of the National Association of Realtors and subscribe to its strict code of ethics.
Source: Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS® (May 9, 2012) | Blog distribution provided by Kenneth Bargers and Bargers Solutions, member of Pilkerton Realtors, residential real estate services located in Nashville, Tennessee
May 10, 2012 - Posted by kbargers | economy, Nashville, real estate | april 2012, bargers solutions, GNAR, greater nashville association of realtors, home buying, home sales rise, home selling, housing data for the greater nashville area, kenneth bargers, Nashville, pilkerton realtors, realtor, tennessee
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Blogs I Follow
- Mortgage Rates Inch Up for Second Week May 18, 2013
- Builders More Upbeat About New-Home Sales May 18, 2013
- LOL Friday! The Bathtub Test… May 17, 2013
- Greater Nashville Area’s April Home Sales Increase by 27 Percent May 11, 2013
- LOL Friday! Baseball in Heaven… May 10, 2013
- 15-Year Rates Sink to New Low of 2.65% May 3, 2013
- Nashville among 8 Best Markets for Flipping Houses May 3, 2013
- LOL Friday! Farmer Joe and his Mule… May 3, 2013
- May 2013 In The News Features Gutter Maintenance; Music City Center Quick Facts May 2, 2013
- Pending Home Sales Index Up 7% Over 2012 April 29, 2013
- Enjoy your week… wishing you success in your Risk Versus Reward endeavors April 29, 2013
- RIP George Jones; an American Legend April 26, 2013
- LOL Friday! another lawyer joke… April 26, 2013
- March Existing-Home Sales Slip Due to Limited Inventory, Prices Maintain Uptrend April 24, 2013
- FHFA: Housing Market Showing Promising Signs April 22, 2013
- For Third Week, Mortgage Rates Sink Lower April 20, 2013
- LOL Friday! Walks into a bar… April 19, 2013
- Gun Bill Background Check Amendment Fails; TN Senators Alexander and Corker Vote No… April 17, 2013
- Housing Starts Rise on Strength in Multifamily in March April 17, 2013
- Read the latest articles for home ownership provided by HouseLogic… April 17, 2013
- Sharing a Story of a Gay American Family! April 12, 2013
- LOL Friday! Nursing Home Chit Chat… April 12, 2013
- Survey: Lenders More Upbeat About Housing Recovery April 11, 2013
- Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey April 11, 2013
- Greater Nashville Home Sales Remain Strong for March and First Quarter 2013 April 9, 2013
- Senators Threaten Filibuster on Gun Control Legislation; Americans Deserve a Vote! April 9, 2013
- Mortgage Rates Back Down This Week April 5, 2013
- LOL Friday! Another Little Johnny Joke… April 5, 2013
- In The News Features Outdoor Dining Areas in April 2013 Newsletter April 2, 2013
- LOL Friday! Flying the friendly skies… March 29, 2013
- 31,964 hits